Symmetry and balance for you and your horse thanks to a new style of posture correction in the design of a gilet waistcoat.
Components hidden within bring shoulders back and make sitting up in perfect alignment effortless. With the benefit of bio-feedback muscle memory is reformed for longer lasting better posture.
No pinching at the underarms or cutting off blood supply and does not compress nerves or cause tingling in the arms. Styled as a zip-up gilet waistcoat, cleverly concealed components stabilise and align hips, shoulders, and the spine. Powerful elements lift the diaphragm, freeing hips to absorb the activity of the horse for lighter hand-to-horse contact. Muscle memory is re-trained for better symmetry and a stronger core.
Worn by Olympians, hobby riders, and recommended by coaches worldwide. Ten years of working alongside leading medical and riding professionals has proven this patented rider gilet to be an effective posture device.
Whatever level of rider you are, the Rider Gilet brings instant improvement to posture safeguarding against injury, and offering welcome relief from existing back, neck, and shoulder pain.
For professionals and ground support alike, a stronger better posture builds confidence, especially after injury and can undoubtedly extend a career. Proven to release neck spasms (stiffness and difficulty turning the head) and for speeding recovery when used as part of a rehabilitation program.
Unique highly breathable airflow fabrics avoid overheating and thanks to a low profile contouring fit can be worn under a back protector or as an outer layer in competitions.
HOW THE RIDER GILET WORKS
- Integrated straps crossover internally across the back and when tightened draw shoulders back.
- There is a concealed foam scroll-like cushion at the front of each shoulder that sits into the hollow area and when the shoulder straps are tightened safeguards blood flow and nerves preventing the numbness and tingling in the arms experienced with other posture bracing.
- Components sited over the shoulder blades (Scapulae) are connected via straps to splinting running up the front of the gilet, and when tightened, prevent outward winging for stronger and more controlled shoulder function.
- Splinting at either side of the spine combines with shoulder straps and hip pulls to straighten posture and improve alignment.
- Elements at the front of the gilet lift the diaphragm up and away from pelvic activity generated by the action of the horse and prevent transmission to the upper body for quieter, lighter hand-to-horse contact.
- By lifting the diaphragm and increasing space (a hands width) between the last rib and hip core muscles are activated strengthening both upper and lower body activity.
- A grey suede line has been added at each shoulder as an indicator to the rider that you are riding a circle correctly. If the line can be seen in peripheral vision, your shoulders are not following the horse's shoulder, commonly known as cork-screwing on the circle.
- A removable reflective cross on the back of the gilet makes it easier for coaches to gauge posture. This can be viewed more accurately when riding indoors using a phone to video ✔ Works with video training/analysis apps including, OBJECTIVITY
- The Rider Gilet is a proven tool in determining whether it is the rider or the horse that is uneven.
- Importantly, The Rider Gilet helps build confidence after a fall and when riding an unbalanced young horse.
- Once good posture has been established and provided the gilet is not being worn for medical reasons, it need only be used whenever you feel posture is deteriorating.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT SIZE CALL BARBARA ON 07968 510452 OR USE OUR LIVE WEBSITE CHAT. WE ALSO OFFER A FREE FITTING SERVICE.
ADVANTAGES OVER OTHER POSTURE PRODUCTS,
✔ Unlike most postural gadgetry the Rider Gilet does not weaken structures or create dependency. Instead, it mechanically improves posture and provides essential bio-feedback retraining muscles to function correctly.
✔ By adopting a gilet waistcoat design shoulders, spine and pelvis can be treated as one - holistically - delivering overall posture improvement.
✔ Whilst providing powerful shoulder retraction the Rider Gilet also allows freedom of movement and does NOT cut in at the underarms or restrict blood flow to the arms.
✔ Design allows arms to reach forward without limiting movement or causing pressure on underlying nerves.
✔ Encourages opening of the chest cavity for deeper breathing and encourages lengthening in the pectoral region.
✔ Relaxes muscles and improves nerve flow.
✔ Allows your coach to concentrate on riding technique rather than correcting your posture.
✔ Avoids overheating thanks to the specifically developed ultra-light breathable fabrics.
✔ Stretch side panels accommodate both the male and female body shapes.
✔ Easy care, simply place in the laundry bag provided and machine wash at 40C.
NOTE: remove the reflective cross before laundering (Attached via hook & loop and peels off easily). Genuine leather parts are washable and do not go hard with washing.
Research by London surgeon and guru of the shoulder world Mr Ian Bayley knows how easy it is to adopt 'wrong' shoulder position and the consequences of ignoring it, read more about Scapular Dyskinesis (shoulder blades that wing outwards).
WE OPERATE AN EXCHANGE OR YOUR MONEY BACK POLICY.