A medically led patented gilet-style device designed to improve symmetry, core strength and muscle memory tested and fashioned by riding professionals for all riders.
Whether you are seeking an improve your riding position or want to resolve shoulder, back, or spinal issues, the Rider Gilet can offer mechanical improvement and confidence within minutes of wearing.
Ten years of working with leading medical and riding professionals - including elite riders - has delivered this uniquely powerful device capable of correcting and transforming rider posture.
Understanding how body symmetry should feel is key to achieving and maintaining good posture. Changing and retaining muscle memory is an almost impossible task without intervention.
Although fashioned to look like a regular sleeveless jacket, the Rider Gilet has an array of components hidden within that work together to affect mechanical change as follows,
- A crossover arrangement of straps together with shaped foam scrolls positioned at the front of each shoulder draws the shoulders back and plastic splinting at either side of the spine improves spinal position and combines to bring shoulders and hips into alignment.
- Components over the shoulder blades (Scapulae) are adjusted via a webbing strap and serve to control shoulder action - stops shoulders winging and prevent hunching forwards.
- Elements at the front of the gilet lift the diaphragm up and away from pelvic activity - not transmitted to the upper body - thereby affecting a lighter hand-to-horse contact.
- By lifting the diaphragm and opening the space between hips and the last rib core muscles are engagement from the onset.
- Results show that musculoskeletal structures that work in symmetry are less prone to injury through fatigue and become stronger and more efficient.
- Contrary to most posture devices the Rider Gilet does not create dependency instead, it mechanically intervenes so that muscles work efficiently enabling you to develop strength correctly.
- And since muscle memory can be retained the Gilet can, once good posture has been achieved, be worn on an on-off basis and whenever you feel your posture is waning.
- We have added a grey suede strip at each shoulder as an indicator to the rider when riding a circle that he or she is turning the upper body in on the circle. In essence, the line is seen in peripheral vision.
- We have also added a reflective cross (removable) on the back to better identify whether shoulders are level and the rider's spine is in line with the horse's tail. This can be viewed more accurately when riding indoors using a phone to video from behind.
- The Gilet has also proven a useful tool in determining whether it is the rider or the horse that is moving unevenly.
CORRECT SIZE IS VITAL - CALL BARBARA ON 07968510452 OR USE OUR LIVE CHAT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE GILET AND OUR FREE FITTING SERVICE.
ADVANTAGES OVER CONVENTIONAL POSTURE PRODUCTS,
✔ Delivers powerful shoulder retraction and freedom of movement without cutting in at the underarms and restricting blood flow to the arms.
✔ Allows arms to reach forward without causing pressure on nerves or restricting arm action.
✔ Encourages opening of the chest cavity for deeper breathing.
✔ Improves nerve flow through shoulders and torso.
✔ Allows your coach to concentrate on your riding technique rather than nagging about posture.
✔ Uses specifically developed ultra-light breathable fabrics and real leather.
✔ Stretch side panels accommodate both male and female body shapes.
✔ Low profile design allows the gilet to be worn under a body protector or riding jacket.
✔ Easy care, simply place the gilet in the laundry bag provided and machine wash at 40C.
NOTE: remove the reflective cross before laundering (attached via hook & loop and peels off easily). Leather is washable and does not go hard.
✔ Works with most video training/analysis apps including, OBJECTIVITY
International event rider, TINA CANTON uses the gilet for schooling and competition. "My pupils wear it too, it makes teaching so much easier when I don't have to nag about posture!" Read more...
Research by London surgeon and shoulder guru Mr Ian Bayley knows how easy it is to adopt 'wrong' shoulder position and the consequences of ignoring it, read more about Scapular Dyskinesis (shoulder blades that wing outwards).
WE OPERATE AN EXCHANGE OR YOUR MONEY BACK POLICY.